Whatever your views may be on house guests and mothers-in-law, I'm lovin' it! Welcomed like a visiting dignitary by the extended family, I'm visiting for two weeks to "be there" when Luke comes to his home on Earth.
Could you do this without tears of joy? I certainly can't. Throat tightening, brow creasing, mouth quivering, eyes brightening with tears I just can't hold in check, I think of a few lines from Wordsworth's Ode:Intimations of Immortality and know that at least in this, the Spirit touched the poet:
 
Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting: | |
| The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star, | |
| Hath had elsewhere its setting, | |
| And cometh from afar: |
Not in entire forgetfulness, | |
| And not in utter nakedness, | |
| But trailing clouds of glory do we come | |
| From God, who is our home: | |
Heaven lies about us in our infancy
| | | | | | |
| | | | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment