![]() | ||||||
I took these photos of Mom and Luke today as a celebration of her visit and to commemorate week one of Luke's life :) It was fun to photograph my beautiful mother and my beautiful new son. Some things become more poignant when viewed through the simplicity of the camera's lens. What I saw today was the glow of a true mother.
Naturally, the events of the past week have gotten me thinking about a mother's perspective on life. It's impossible to become a parent without developing a profound sense of gratitude for your own parents, knowing, as you have never truly known before, how much they love you. Having Luke, I have pictured how it must have been when my mother did the same for me. And here she is still, being my mother and my guide as I become a mother myself.
Thank you, mom for being here with me, making all these changes a little less mysterious and a lot less distressing. Talmage and I both agree that this would have been a heavy load without you, but having you with us has lifted the burden and magnified the joy.
I love you, mom (and dad too!) and I think Luke will cherish these photos as I do. -Johanna



I love not only these pictures but the clarity in Johanna's words. I appreciate how you call her a "true mother." Of course, you and I are true mothers too, but we've just barely begun to tap the surface of motherhood. We still need our true mothers, and mothers-in-law, now more than ever!
ReplyDeleteThe top pictures is my favorite. Suzanne looks like she's just soaking in all the sensations of her precious new grandchild. Like she just drew in a deep breath and is holding it to make the moment last a little longer.
The second shot is my favorite, (great hair Mom) but also the happy smile and the sleeping baby. The two things combined are the best! Beautiful light in both the shot of Mom's face. Great work Johanna. And it sounds like mom too. :-)
ReplyDelete