Monday, February 20, 2012

Three Ballerina Babes

Grandma Suzanne 1963...................Kristine 1989....................Anna 2011

My mother drove from Anaheim to Fullerton sometimes three days a week to take me to the ballet studio of Lois Ellyn,
who was a soloist for the New York City Ballet. Grandma would stay in the waiting room and knit while I danced, watching me through the glass sliding doors.

Kristine grew up in Fullerton and also
studied under Lois Ellyn. Kristine participated in her performing group, the Nouveau Chamber Ballet.

Anna lives in Arizona and has started ballet training there, the third generation of little girls interested in ballet.
If Anna lived in Fullerton, she could also study with Lois Ellyn who is, amazingly, still teaching today.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Mom! What a great post! I don't remember this picture of you but I love it! Great foot work. Thanks for thinking of us and making such a great collection of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,

    I love this post, I definitely need to get this collage printed and framed what a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Maybe Anna will still get her chance to train under Lois Ellyn when they move back to California... ;)

    ReplyDelete