
Jared spoke at the graduation ceremony as a representative of his class of Orthodontic students, and I am totally objective and unbiased in my claim that his speech was the best given that day. And I also completely reveled in the introduction given to Jared by his program director, Margherita Santoro. She said:
The next student is Jared Lee. Jared graduated from UCLA and already has an impressive track record of service in the dental profession, and has served in various capacities as a student representative of the ADA.
Jared is mature beyond his years. I'm not sure if being a caring husband, with a wonderful wife, and a father of two is the origin or the consequence of his maturity and high sense of social responsibility. One of the most ethical individuals I've ever met, Jared has been an exemplary class president and student body representative, a father-like figure for his classmates in the rare event in which they did not behave well, always trying to put some sense into the heads of his kids.
He's a gentleman, motivated, hardworking and he will continue to be an asset to the orthodontic profession. The world would be better off if there were more of Jareds around.
And his plan is to [relocate] in California, closer to his family, and we wish him all the best for his future career. My sincere thanks to you, Jared, for your substantial help in the past three years.
Congratulations.



Mom, so so cool that you posted this intro. Did you copy that via video? Reading the word for word account is really awesome. What a powerful message to others to follow Jared's righteous example. Not to mention.... SO COOL to be recognized. I didn't even know he spoke at the graduation! Thanks for posting this for us who were far away to be a part of it.
ReplyDeleteRight, I did take a video and then transcribed her intro. Debi video recorded Jared's speech which was witty, friendly, and tender, too.
ReplyDelete