Friday, May 20, 2011

Closing Out


Open House Prep at School
Just like putting on a party at home, we cleaned up the place and put our stuff on display,
then hoped that our guests would not check inside our desks and closets. I lure visitors into my room with trays of cookies; you're probably not surprised that this 
is an effective tactic.


Teacher Appreciation Week
      My Room Moms presented me with a gift every morning this week, culminating with a gift certificate for dinner for the whole family.  Jamba Juice, Ghirardelli chocolate, handmade soaps, a lunch buffet, roses, an autographed book, and dinner out--I enjoyed it all.  About now, it's getting difficult to "hold the reigns" on 98 rambunctious sixth graders. Just 16 days left in this school year.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room! I didn't see it all complete and ready to show. What a great presentation and very very colorful. Too bad they ate all the cookies! I love the bouquet of flowers for Teacher Appreciation Week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that Teacher Appreciation week was fully carried out by your room moms. You work so hard for those kids and deserve so much appreciation!

    ReplyDelete